Sunday, January 6, 2008

I'm Resolved to Be Resolved. Positively Resolved.

I'll start this post like most fascinating conversations begin: So, I was watching Oprah today... Actually, I was listening to her on XM radio. Because my husband's car features the holy power of XM. And I like to jack with him. So whenever I borrow his car, I turn it straight to station 156 (that's the temple of O) and crank it up. Gayle King full volume, y'all. Sort of like marking my territory. But more annoying.

And suurr-prise, suurr-prise, today Miss O was talking about resolutions. On her soul series, you know. (Like you don't know.) With some other dude who probably was an expert source on The Secret or Scientology or something. Aaannnyyyywayy, dude was very sure about what he was speaking. And he was saying that the REAL way to make resolutions is to make them positive. Because you people should make lemonade with your crappy lemons. Duh. And, so for instance. Instead of having a resolution like this:

1. This year I'll not watch creepy things like this or this or this.

You should word it as such:

1. This year, I will watch great things like this.

See, so much more positive.

And because I really do believe in writing things down, I'm going to put a few of my positively fabulous Queso resolutions out there.

2. I will read more of the Times Online if only because they use the word "dodgy" a lot.

3. I will post a heck of a lot on Cool Stuff con Queso. Because I can.

4. I will follow the sk*rt chicks on Twitter. (And also follow Super Zoe because, hello, all day comments from SZ.)

5. I will take the stairs. Because I work on the second floor, and I'm really getting sick of all the judgmental looks from everyone on the elevator. Oh plus the environment. Whatever.

6. I will eat more molasses cookies and other non-dirt items.

7. I will believe in UFOs.

8. I will 'try Puncak Highlands!' Because, really, why not?

9. I will hear every detail of Kristen's trip to the Golden Globes.

10. I will join Fitness Made Difficult. If you too want to make your fitness even more painful, then by all means watch this fantastic video. (However if you want a free 8 wk membership to Bally's, you can get one between now and 1/11 by joining Discovery Health's National Body Challenge.) But not me, I'm sold on fitness celebrity Tom.

So what about you? What are you going to do this year? It helps to write it down. And to be positive. So sayeth the Oprah lama. So help her Bob Green. Amen.

P.S. Every link on this post came from the first three upcoming pages on sk*rt. Because that's where I get my 411 yo. Obviously.

P.P.S. #11 I will attend MamaDramaConQueso 2, Electric Boogalo. Because it will be rad.

No comments:

Post a Comment