Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hey, It's Winter Kids!


So I just heard a new-to-me band today. Winter Kids. But if you look them up on iTunes you'll just find a lot of songs about winter. And songs about kids. And kids songs. And kids songs about winter. Mainly. But keep looking. Because they're worth it. You can also search under " marzipan & ribbons." They'll turn up. Or perhaps google them.

And if you google them, then you will find sites that encourage kids to get outside in the winter. And sites that sell ski clothing. And sites with printable templates for winter crafts. And finally a site that points you to a myspace page. (Damn millennials and their love for the myspace. Gah.) And there, you will find good music.

And then, if you say all the music I like sounds the same, 1.) I'll hit you because of course I like all kinds of music and 2.) I'll tell you this is true for every person. Even people (especially people) that say that they like all kinds of music. Because I've found that there's a common thread...something perhaps indescribable (unless you write for DC Rock Club, then I'm sure you have 10,000 words to describe it)...that ties most people's music picks together with a lovely brown bow. It's the same thing as when you see a sweater at the store and say...oh, that is so something that so and so would wear. Because you just know. It's like that. Only better.

No comments:

Post a Comment