Friday, February 29, 2008

Texas Early Voting Stats

This photo was taken by Glennaa 
He early voted a few days ago at the same spot I did.
He also took a photo of the line inside.
This is exactly what my line looked like. Only mine was 3X as long.

I just got back from voting. I didn't end up having enough time on Wednesday to fight the lines, so I hit it first thing this morning. So did a whole heck of a lot of other people.  Have I mentioned the line yet? I'm not sure I can convey to you how many people who live near me decided to vote this morning in wind-around Six Flags queues of many. Thankfully, it all moved really fast.  

Hints: I definitely should have brought a book for the liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine, or a camera, or a friend, or a snack, or some Mad Libs.  I had none of these things. I also couldn't get Twitter to work while I was in the liiiiiiiiine, so instead I kept it cool old school and im-ed with Jen Lemen. Because we're nerdtastic. (Thanks for making the line more fun JL.)

Here's what it looked like in numbers:

Number of people in parking lot with signs: 57
Number of inflatable animals in parking lot with signs: 2
Number of news crews trying to interview the people with signs and inflatable animals: 2
Number of Obama supporters in parking lot: 0
Number of Hillary supporters in parking lot: 5
Number of people who offered me a Hillary sticker in parking lot: 7
Number of Twitter friends I saw leaving as I was walking in: 2 
Number of people in line outside of the building: 37
Number of people in line inside the building: A billion, give or take
Number of people typing in line: 94 (I counted)
Number of copies of Eat, Pray, Love spotted in line: 11
Number of copies of Eat, Pray, Love that I coveted in line: 11
Number of elected officials named in plaques on the walls by the line: 23
Number of elected officials named in plaques on the walls by the line who are currently in jail: 2
Number of times I thought about cupcakes while standing in the line: 128
Total time spent standing in line: 42 minutes 
Time spent checking in: 1 minute
Time spent voting: 2 minutes 
Time spent talking to the nice volunteers afterwards about the caucus next Tuesday: 18 minutes

So that's it. I voted. I'll be causing too next Tuesday evening.
And I'll be Twittering that.
So help me Twitter.
I'm hoping they'll have cupcakes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment