Monday, February 11, 2008

Addiction.

If you haven't seen me, if I haven't been answering your emails, if you think I may have fallen off the planet, no worries. I'm still on Earth. I'm just engrossed in this strange version of Earth also known as Gossip Girl, this year's version of 90210 meets the OC meets Laguna Beach meets Sex and the City. It's so many bad things rolled up into one that it's no wonder I love it so.

What makes it worse is that most people who would watch this sort of thing started watching it when it came on. And they watch it every week. Oh but not me. That would be too sane. Instead, I ignored it all fall and then watched every episode on iTunes in one weekend. This last weekend. And I would have watched all 13 episodes back to back too if it weren't for those pesky boys I happen to live with.

Because I'm addicted.

It's bad. It's wrong. I'm ashamed. And I literally can't wait until the next episode to find out how Blair gets her revenge on Chuck, Jenny, Nate, all of them! Anyone have any bootlegged copies from the future lying around.

Thank God for my one distraction.

Parent Bloggers asked me to review The Sky Isn't Visible from Here ... a true-life Brooklyn tale and a much-needed break from the Upper East Side. The book is incredible. Heartbreaking. Powerful. And motivating. Plus the title is brilliant. You should seriously check it out.

It's on Cool Stuff today. And you can win it by leaving a comment. Good luck. You know you want it.

XOXO,
GcQ

No comments:

Post a Comment