Thursday, January 1, 2009

Being So Resolved

Each year, everyone in my department at work writes secret goals and puts them in a sealed envelope to open the next year and see if they met them. Kinda like 'The Secret' meets a time capsule. The theory being that there's power in things written down... even if you don't remember them. Like magic. But I was thinking about it, and it seems if there is power in words you forget, surely there is even more power in those you deliberately write down to remember.

And since 'tis the season to make a resolution, I'm going to make 12. Like the 12 days of Christmas. Or the 12 months of the year. I know it sounds a bit overwhelming, but I do better when I have more to do. Plus they're totally doable. And I want to do them.

The first one has everything to do with this space right here. The Queso. And Cool Stuff con Queso. And Hurricane Tracking. I'm resolved to doing more here in 2009. This will include a redesign and a lot more entries. The last part of last year I found it very difficult to make time to spend time here. And I was always pretty sad about that. But since a number of these 12 will be supported here (they're somewhat woven together), it makes sense that this one should be the first.

I feel super motivated for all things to come in 2009. In fact, I was ready to start before it started.

The week between Christmas and New Year's has always been one of my favorites. It's such a great combination of laziness and ambition wrapped in long open days. And on Monday of this week I was so excited about what is to come that I packed up every bit of holiday around our house, boxed it up, and put it away to make space for what's next.

I can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment