Monday, November 5, 2007

Grocery Store Drama

This morning I went to the grocery store closest to my house to get a few items to make something for lunch. Because I work somewhere where sometimes people all bring gourmet items for lunch and pool resources. Don't ask. I usually bring the drinks. But today I was making one of the few excellent items I can throw together (watch for Friday's recipe) which is what brought me to the store at the dawn of crack. And as I was walking across the tiny parking lot a man and his wife were doing the same. And then he swung back and hit her. Backhanded slapped her. Across the face. In front of God and everyone. And she just took it, and kept walking.

I stopped.

I couldn't move forward, and I couldn't believe what I'd just seen. A man in struck a woman right in front of me, and I was shocked still. I didn't know what to do. So I did nothing. Nothing. I'm still reeling a bit from it, so I can't imagine how much she's reeling. Even if she's used to that. You never get used to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment