Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Let's Face It, Facebook. We Need To Take A Break.

I've been thinking about it. And as it turns out, I need some space. A break. Yes. A break from you, Facebook. For real this time.

And yes, of course it's you.

You're just too damn demanding. And this isn't just coming up out of nowhere...we've talked about this.

Well. For starters, you make plans without consulting me, you want me to introduce you to all of my friends, then you want to know what I'm doing every single second of the day, and I get nothing in return. Nothing. You know it's true. You just expect me to always be there for you, whenever, however, forever. To meet request after request after request after request.

Always!

I mean just tonight I stop in just to hang out for a while, no big deal, low key, and out of nowhere, Bam! you greet me at the door with:
  • 2 event invitations
  • 2 group invitations
  • 4 superpoke friend requests
  • 1 what are you wearing invitation
  • 7 top friend requests
  • 2 tv show trivia invitations
  • 2 my questions friend requests.
  • 3 likeness quiz requests
  • 2 wall post requests
  • 8 zombie invitations (What the hell?)
  • 1 warewolf invitation (Who are these people?)
  • 3 vampire invitations (Um. no.)
  • 1 X me friend request (Um. double no.)
  • 3 human pets invitation (This is wrong on so many levels)
  • 3 cause invitations
  • 1 fortune friend request
  • 1 mood invitation
  • 1 you're hot request (Okay, that one wasn't so bad.)
Hello! I have a job and a family and a life. And I'm just not sure I can live up to your standards.

Face it. We both know I can't give you what you need. Not now. Maybe not ever.

(Plus, on top of that, you scare me. You're reckless. Now I hear you're hacking off the La Leche League and the League of Maternal Justice. And you really shouldn't do that. They'll cut you.)

So I'm out. You keep your billions and don't call me again.

(And if you, dear reader, join the International Leagues in being hacked off about the whole lactation brouhaha, go here and see what these people are doing.)

(Oh, and if you have no idea what I'm talking about, consider yourself lucky. And warned. Run.)

No comments:

Post a Comment