Thursday, September 20, 2007

Did I Mention That I've Lost My Mind?

I think I've mentioned that Karen and I are training for next January's Houston Marathon. To walk it. That's right, to purposefully walk it. Because, as I'm positive I've said before, if I run it, I'll still be walking it. So we're being deliberate about the walking from the start. Smart huh?

But maybe not so smart because get this, even with the walking-not-running, we are forced to train. Train! Because that's what responsible adults do when they lose their minds and walk 42.195 kilometers (or 26.2 miles). I believe she is doing better than I am, but I think it's fair to say we both have a long road ahead of us. Figuratively and literally. My current biggest problem with this training is finding time to do it before the Hurricane is awake or after he's asleep. It's a bit limiting, honestly.

However, even though I haven't yet figured out my schedule, I have decided what I'm going to wear. Priorities. Check out my accessory of choice over at Cool Stuff. Plus I give you a little heads up on a giant athletic shoe giveaway. 50 pairs a day between now and October 25. (See, I know about this kind of stuff now because I'm training for a marathon. Which, when translated, means I'm crazy. But still, you should visit the site and register to win some shoes because hello, we're talking shoes here people. )

And have a fantastically restful weekend; think of me walking to Egypt; and while you're at it, consider staging an intervention. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment