Sunday, December 2, 2007

Deck the Friggin Halls

If you know me even a little, you know I'm a Christmas Holiday freak. A Mele Kalikimaka. A ho ho ho. So when I noticed on the calendar that this year Thanksgiving landed on the earliest possible date it could ever be, I was super jazzed to have so much terrific tinsel time to the deck halls and fa la la la la.

And now I can say it's a darn good thing we have extra time to get have a holly jolly Christmas this year. Because, so far, we haven't been experiencing anything near comfort or joy.

And we had big plans for the weekend. Haul out the holly plans. Slice up the fruitcake plans. But sadly, we were puking. And not because of any fruitcake. We were home bound, not decorating anything that wasn't porcelain.

That's right, the boys are sick. Both. Of. Them. Sick.

One got sick. And then he got the other one sick. And while I'm great at trimming trees, I'm a fairly pathetic nurse.

So we all sat around and moaned a lot.

And I shopped a bit online. And found the best random holiday tidbits, happenings and goings on on sk*rt. Here are a few of my favorite finds:

1. 25 Days to Make a Difference. A ten-year-old girl and her mom vow to do something everyday in December to help others...like shoveling snow on Day 1 and recycling on Day 2. Check out their inspiration, their doings, and their quest. Very cool.

2. Buy Olympia. I love everything on there. Hear that family member who drew my name?! (See some samples on Cool Stuff today)

3. Design Mom in the NY Post. I love my friends. And I love it that people write about them in giant newspapers.

4. The Perfect Post awards. I haven't checked these out in a while. But this time I gave Jenny one for her Breaking Up w/ My Daycare post. Because I'm a giver. And I totally get what she's saying.

5. Green Vodka. Even vodka has gone green. Which just proves there really is no limit to what Al Gore can do. And you thought that Internet thing was something?

6. Top 100 Holiday Songs on iTunes. Wanting to make a Holiday mix? Well here are 100 tunes to get you going.

Hopefully some of that will make your days merry and bright. Because heaven knows at our place we need a little music, need a little laughter, need a little singing, ringing through the rafter, and we need a little snappy "Happy ever after." We need a little Christmas now.

No comments:

Post a Comment