Thursday, August 16, 2007

Oh See What You Have Done

The sky fell in Houston this morning.

In fact, it rained so much, that it looked like Venice outside my office window. Venice with no gondolas anywhere. Venice where cars with questionable drivers attempted to forge ahead through swollen canals that produced actual waves crashing onto sidelined Starbucks and Kinkos parking lots. Venice like that.

But the rain was cool. And it was dark. And it was the perfect setting to turn on the radio and hear a little tribute to the King who died 30 years ago today.

Luckily, about 31 years ago, my mom and dad had the foresight to take me to my first concert.

And it looked a little something like this.



Elvis, if you're reading this, I hope the sun was shining in Buenos Aires today.

Thanks for changing the world a bit. In a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment