Monday, October 15, 2007

Grounded.


Some say you are always learning. And over the weekend I've learned that free wifi in New York City is like a diamond-encrusted 24K gold Rolls-Royce. Only maybe those are easier to find around here.

At least that's what I thought until early this morning.

I was aimlessly wandering around hoping desperately to find a Starbucks, (which in theory are everywhere except when you're looking for wifi. Then, they're like Sasquatch.) when I stumbled upon the most beautiful, fantastic little organic coffee & tea house.

Grounded.

And honestly, it's true. As I type this now, I'm feeling the most grounded I've felt in a while. I'm in the back corner of a beautifully lit spot on Jane Street, surrounded by inspired photography, books and a few seasonal pumpkins. They're playing Elliot Smith and John Lennon and Ambulance Ltd, and I'm feeling incredibly blessed to have found this tiny space in the world.

I have so much to say about my short trip here. So many new discoveries to share. A few short days away with good friends always gives me some serious shot-in-the-arm perspective.

So thanks for letting me take a little break to settle a bit. Just a bit. And to sort. And get things a little more organized on my end. I'm not there yet, but I'm moving in a very good direction.

For starters, some pretty exciting things are about to happen around here at the Queso. I'm honestly not sure exactly what format this is going to take, but I know at least my banner will be back and fixed and reliably more consistent (by the way, do you see the banner? Some do, some don't. I do depending on the hour. To be honest, it's a pretty good reflection and manifestation of how my brain is working these days.) But back to the excitement. I'll keep you posted.

There is much to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment