Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Today Is The First Day Of The Rest Of Your Blog


A few weeks ago, my friend Amber asked if I'd do some pledge of allegiance to the blog for 31 days in America, and I said no. I can not, will not pledge to write on my blog for any given period of time, because I have not all year. Scratch that. I only have six times this entire year.

Six times.

This is sad for a variety of reasons. Most of which I can not talk about. Which only adds to the lack of blogging. It's a vicious cycle, this not blogging thing. I don't know how most of the world does it. The not blogging.

Because, in retrospect and in truth, it has taken a lot more energy for me to not blog.

Meaning, the guilt and longing associated with not blogging has far outweighed the time, effort and consequence it takes to blog. So I choose that. The time and effort. And consequence. From today forward. And so begins again The Queso.


The Texas Queso
  • 4 cups grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese (about 12 ounces)
  • 1 1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese (about 6 ounces)
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1/4 cup whole milk
  • 1 cup minced white onion (about 1 small onion)
  • 1 (4-ounce) can diced mild green chiles, juices reserved
Place cheeses in a large bowl, sprinkle with cornstarch, and toss. Transfer cheese mixture to a large saucepan and add milk. Set over low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is smooth and melted, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in onion and chiles.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment